Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Version of an UpCylced Tee Tutorial

Hello everyone and once again let me welcome you to This And That Momma! I am super excited as this is my first official post. I started this project because my daughter grew out of an old long sleeve t-shirt and I still had this other t-shirt that she never really wore. So I wanted to combine the two so she could use her t-shirt longer.

This long sleeve was just a little too short and the opening for her neck was getting too be too small. She just has a big brain!! So I cut off the sleeves right above the seam. I took her other short sleeve t-shirt and turned it inside out and pinned it together.


I pinned the sleeves at the seams so that way it looks like two separate shirts. (You could pin and sew at the bottom of the short sleeve also.) 
I sewed them together (which was a tight squeeze on the sewing machine) and VOILA!!!!


A short sleeve turned long sleeve for FREE!! Not bad for my first sewing project since I was in high school! at least my daughter will get plenty of use out of it. Come on cold weather!!

No comments:

Post a Comment